General Rules Of Competition - cakeology 2020
- Register TODAY through www.cakeology.in by selecting from different competition categories paying registration fee. Be sure to bring a copy of your receipt with you when you bring your competition entry to the Cakeology Expo Hall, Competition Arena for set-up.
- One entry per person, per category. You may enter more than one category, but only one entry per category.
- The entry fee for each entry is Rs 1150/-. Assistants will need a separate ticket to enter the show. In case of last minute cancellations, NO REFUNDS will be given.
- At no point will the participant or helper or relative of the participant be given chairs to sit near the competition area.
- Divisions include Professional and Semi Professional.
- Each entry must be the bonafide work of the individual who has participated.
- All registrations MUST BE RECEIVED no later than 5 PM on 25th of September,2020.
- At any stage, competitors cannot upload their competition pieces on any social media or websites until judging is completed or else you can be disqualified.
- WHERE: Cakeology 2020, Hall no.5, at the Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon ( East)
- WHEN: Assembling of the cakes should be completed by 9 AM on the first day of the show.
- At that time all competition participants will be escorted away from the display area.
- All competitors must check in at the registration Desk prior to being granted access to the competition area.
- NO LATE SET-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Badges given must be worn at all times.
- During set-up, the creator of the entry must be present and participating in the set -up. Each competitor may enlist the aid of one assistant, and one assistant only.
- Each competitor will be assigned, in order of arrival at the Competition Arena, a display space on top of a white skirted table top to display their entry.
- No table décor will be allowed.
- There will be no electrical outlets available to any of the competitors.
- Cakes will be positioned in order of receipt, no positions on the display tables may be requested or reserved.
- All competition pieces MUST REMAIN ON DISPLAY until the last day, that is 11th October 2020, till 6 pm.
- Any items, including cakes, displays, etc. remaining after 6 PM will be disposed.
- All entries will be photographed and photos may be used, at the discretion of Cakeology, for any and all marketing and promotional purposes for all future activities.
- The Cakeology Awards Presentation will take place on the last day, that is 11th October 2020. The timing will be announced closer to the dates.
- Prizes, Medals & Certificates must be claimed at the show. A note will be given to each competitor with instructions that need to be followed for collection of Prizes, Medals & Certificates. If you are not able to pick up your prize at the show you may make arrangements to pick it up yourself. Under no circumstances will prizes be mailed or shipped.
- Judging will begin at 10 AM on the first day of the competition, i.e 9th Oct 2020.
- All entries will be judged by a team of qualified industry professionals.
- A copy of the judges point evaluation and comments on your entry will be given along with the prizes.
- Contestants may only view their own score cards, which will be verified by competitor number.
- Judges scores/decisions are final based on the decision of the judges.
- THERE WILL NOT BE A DEFAULT WINNER IF NOT ENOUGH ENTRIES ARE SUBMITTED.
- Placements are presented only based on points and judges’ final decision.